Saturday, November 19, 2005

Welcome to Kolkata, NJ

India is nothing like I imagined.  Everyone speaks perfect North American English and they all look just like North Americans.  They are a little rude.  It’s strange, but it reminds a lot of New Jersey.

Wait a minute; I am in New Jersey!  US Air decided to delay our flight from Pittsburgh by about one and a half hours, so I missed my flight to London by about two minutes.  I’m not sure why there was such a delay since the weather was beautiful today.  They said that it was due to air traffic control.  I guess the high volume of planes flying into one of America’s busiest airports kind of caught them off guard.  Who would have thought that would happen two days in a row!  I also heard an unsubstantiated rumour that someone spotted a cloud in the nearby vicinity.  This may have contributed to the mayhem.

Since rebooking my original flights would now get me into Calcutta on Wednesday (WTF!?!), I have to take a different route.  I am now flying Newark to London to Bombay to Calcutta.  I am arriving about sixteen hours later than expected and will have no time to acclimatise to the time zone.  I guess that’s what makes it an adventure.

I will never fly US Airways again.

No comments: