Friday, December 02, 2005

Goodbye to India

This will be my last post from India since I’m heading out later tonight to go home.  I was going to do a whole, “it’s been a great trip and I learned a lot” post, but I’m not going to since I think it would give my blog an air of finality.  Life continues and so does the blog!

My flight is not until 2:25am tonight, so I’m going to clean up a bit and head out for one last meal in India with some colleagues from IBM who happen to be in town this week as well.  I’ll have to keep it a little early since my driver is coming at 11:30 to pick me up.  That is to say, I hope he’s coming to pick me up.  One of my students called someone who said the driver is coming, but we’ll see what happens with that.  I’m fairly confident that I’ll have a ride.  If not, I’ll have reception at the hotel help me get a taxi.  11:30 is quite early to be going to the airport anyway, so I have some leeway.

I’m not particularly excited about this flight.  I’m flying on Air France to Paris and I’m not sure that the seats recline fully, so it may be a sleepless night.  I guess that’s good because it will help me adjust to the time zone a bit quicker since I’ll sleep better to Montreal.  In Montreal, I have a pretty short connection where I will have to get my bag and clear customs.  I hope I make it.

I am a little sad to be leaving, but at the same time, it will be great to be home and see the family again; even if it is only for about twenty hours.  I can easily see why people spend two months or more to see India.  The students have been telling me about all the amazing places I should go to see.  Each region of India is very different from the others and has something else to offer.

I’ll be disconnected for the next while, but I’ll probably post again before the weekend’s out.

No comments: